Last modified: February 1, 2021
This Policy applies only to information we collect on our Website; in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website. This Policy does not apply to (a) any third-party site or service linked to our Website or recommended or referred by our Website, through our products or services, or by our staff; or (b) any other website, product, or service operated by the Company or to any of our offline activities.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website and not submit your information if you do not want it collected, used, and disclosed as described in this Policy. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy.
- Personal Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you create an account, make a booking request, purchase any of our products or services, register or sign up for an email subscription, make search queries on our Website, correspond with us or request assistance from our customer support team, submit a form from our Website (including surveys) or register for an event. We collect the following Personal Information from such users: name and email address. For booking requests, we also collect address, phone, company, title, function, industry, number of attendees, date, location, and purpose of event. We also collect data on how our Website is used: number of page visits and duration, name and type of browser, and information about your computer, phone or other device and internet connection (collectively, “Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include Personal Information, such as your Internet Protocol address.
some parts of this Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly. The Website responds to do-not-track features configured on the user’s web browser.
We also may use technologies, such as web beacons and cookies, to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To create your account and connect you with other users with accounts;
- To communicate with you about products and services that you have purchased or inquired about;
- To offer you additional products and services by us or our affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, or licensees;
- To notify you of changes to our Website or products or services we provide through it;
- To carry out obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing;
- To process transactions;
- To personalize your experience;
- To improve our Website and customer service;
- To compile statistical information about the use of our Website;
- To contact you about the Company; and
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- How we protect your Personal Information
We follow industry standard security measures, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encryption, to protect your Personal Information when you purchase a product or request a service from us. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We partner with providers for services such as billing, securing payments and fulfilling orders. These providers will only have access to your Personal Information as is necessary to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are contractually obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes. Users of the Website are not third-party beneficiaries of such contracts.
Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee and that you use our Website at your own risk.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
By using this Website, you agree and consent to our disclosure of your information aggregated with information from our other users, but this information does not identify any individual. Except as set forth in this Policy, we do not share Personal Information with third parties. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide to our affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, or licensees, (including The John C. Maxwell Team, Inc., EQUIP, Inc., and The John C. Maxwell Leadership Foundation) to attorneys, collection agencies, or law enforcement authorities to address contract violations or illegal behavior; to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential; to a buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding. We do not sell Personal Information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to comply with a court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, and if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers, the Website’s users or others.
- Storage and Retention of Personal Information
We may store or process your data outside your city, state, or country. Data storage venues include, without limitation, the United States and the European Union. These and other data storage jurisdictions may operate under privacy and data protection laws different from those of your home jurisdiction. Your submission of data to our Website and your consent to this Policy include consent to such storage and processing outside of your jurisdiction.
We retain your Personal Information so long as it serves the purposes listed in this Policy, including to operate our services, to send you notices or other general messages (unless you have unsubscribed), to collect and monitor traffic and other usage statistics at our Website, to resolve dispute, to enforce terms of this Website’s contracts, and to comply with our legal obligations
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 16 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information. If you believe we have may have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at [email protected].
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request by contacting us at [email protected].
You may, at any time, unsubscribe from receiving emails from the Company. Unsubscribe links are provided at the bottom of all emails or you may contact us at [email protected].
- Special Terms related to the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the provisions of this Section 8 apply to you, effective February 1, 2021.
We may process your Personal Information because you have given us permission to do so (e.g., by registering as a user or sending data through our contact or order forms), because the processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or because we need to process your Personal Information to comply with the law.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), if you wish to know what Personal Information we hold about you, to have us remove it, or otherwise to exercise your rights, please contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, you also have the following rights related to your Personal Information:
- The right to access, update or delete your Personal Information;
- The right of rectification – to have your information altered if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Information;
- The right of restriction – to request that we restrict how we process your Personal Information;
- The right to data portability – to receive a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format;
- The right to withdraw consent to our processing of your Personal Information; and
- The right to complain to an EEA data protection authority (a government agency) about our management of your Personal Information.
- Special Terms related to California If you are a California resident the provisions of this Section 9 apply to you, effective February 1, 2021. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) provides California residents with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information, including the following:
- The right to know and data portability – to request we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
- The right to delete – to request that we delete your Personal Information we collected; and
- The right to opt-out – to direct us to not sell your Personal Information.
The right to know and data portability – to request we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
The right to delete – to request that we delete your Personal Information we collected; and
The right to opt-out – to direct us to not sell your Personal Information.
Please contact us at [email protected] to exercise your CCPA rights. Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a request to know or delete your Personal Information. When making a request or exercising a right, please provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative and describe your request with sufficient detail. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
- Additional Information
Your Consent: By using our Website, you consent to this Policy and agree to the collection and use of Personal Information as described in this Policy.
Accessing Personal Information: You can access and change any Personal Information we store by contacting us at [email protected].
Contact Us: If there are any questions or comments regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, you may contact us at [email protected].