REWIND: Leadership Expert John C. Maxwell asks: Do you know the top time-waster in leaders’ lives?
John C. Maxwell
REWIND: Leadership Expert asks: Do you know the top time-waster in leaders’ lives?
Corporate Competitor Podcast Episode 135
You may know John Maxwell as the New York Times Best-Selling Author who has sold more than 35 million leadership books worldwide and that have been translated into 50 languages and used by leaders around the world. Perhaps you know him as the prolific speaker and coach who has trained six million leaders and recently reached the milestone of having trained leaders from every country in the world?
But did you know that he began practicing leadership at a tender age when, as a sophomore on the Circleville, Ohio High School basketball team, he was named captain? “He might be the youngest,” his coach said to the team, “but there is nobody here that wants you to succeed as much as John.” It’s no stretch to say that what was true then remains true of his team at Maxwell Leadership, as well as the countless teams they have coached and inspired worldwide.
“We often look at people who are stars and say, I want to do what they do. But the question you must ask yourself is: Do you want to do what they did? Being the best requires sacrifices,” noted Maxwell, whose newest book, The 16 Undeniable Laws of Communication, shares what has helped him become one of the most successful public speakers and motivational teachers of his time.
Listeners to this podcast will acquire a trove of insights each bearing the stamp of Maxwell’s unique perspectives and experiences. Leave it to a former basketball player to articulate the importance of competing in the right frame of mind. As Maxwell once said, “Respect for your competition comes from learning how you complete one another while you compete against each other.”
You will learn:
- 4:00 Strategies on how to fuel your competitive fire with goal-setting.
- 12:00 How to improve your self-discipline.
- 18:30 John’s “Law of Mount Everest”: As the challenge escalates, the need for teamwork elevates.
- 36:00 The #1 time-waster in leaders’ lives and how to eliminate it.
- 37:00 How to apply the bookends of success, preparation and reflection, to your life.
- Pre-order your copy of John Maxwell’s new book: The 16 Undeniable Laws of Communication where he shares exactly what has helped him become one of the most successful public speakers and motivational teachers of his time. Whether you’re trying to inspire your employees, speak at a PTA meeting, teach a classroom of students, or deliver a sermon, this book can help you do it.
Never Miss An Episode
You will receive a FREE chapter from Don’s best-selling book on GREAT TEAMS when you subscribe.
Be the first to comment on "REWIND: Leadership Expert John C. Maxwell asks: Do you know the top time-waster in leaders’ lives?"